I finally saw Bowling for Columbine. Very good documentary and easily the best thing I've ever seen Michael Moore do. Some observations:
Anywho, those are my thoughts. Go see it, if you can.
- It's 2 hours long. To me this wasn't a big deal but to Wendy's friend Jason, it was pushing it.
- It's not a popcorn movie. Leave the kids at home while you're at it.
- It's not an anti-gun movie. I'd elaborate but I'll let the movie do this.
- There's a sequence in the movie where they show a series of gun deaths on film in a quick montage fashion. One of the clips is of a man commiting suicide. Quick but disturbing - be warned.
- What's more shocking than Marilyn Manson being one of the most intelligent, coherent people in the film? The fact that Matt Stone (South Park) is even more coherent and intelligent.
- During the sequence in the film showing the footage of the Columbine killers in the school, I could feel my heartbeat in my ears. No one gets killed in the shots but its powerful.
- Whatever your opinion of Charleton Heston is prior to seeing this film, it will be lowered after it's over.
- Most interesting was the reactions of the theater. People pretty much laughed and didn't laugh at the same points.
- I'm completely right for relying on The Daily Show for my news.
I now have my resume posted online, so if any of you are in the Dallas area and want to hire a programmer (and preferrably a .NET programmer), give it a look and drop me a line.